If you are traveling overseas follow the CDC’s guidance at CDC.gov/Travel.
There are steps you can take to prevent spread of flu and the common cold that will also help prevent COVID-19, including:
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or upper sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you are sick and contact your healthcare provider.
Right now, there are no additional precautions recommended for the general public in the United States.It is important to remember that stigma and discrimination occur when people associate an infectious disease, such as COVID-19, with a population or nationality. COVID-19 does not target people from specific populations, ethnicities, or racial backgrounds