The mission of the Muskegon Heights Police Department is to maintain order, preserve public safety, and foster a better quality of life. It is the intent of each employee to make our City a better place to live, work, and visit. To accomplish “our mission”, we must:
AS A LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY:
- Acknowledge the citizens as the source of police authority.
- Administer the law without bias.
- Recognize the dignity and worth of all people.
- Encourage cooperation and support at the neighborhood level, as well as the greater community.
- Provide services in a sensitive, yet effective, manner.
- Seek to gain “respect” of all people.
This mission statement is born out of the “Departmental Professionalism-Policy & Procedure”, that being a four-tier system:
AS THE EMPLOYER:
- Provide a work environment which stresses teamwork, recognizes the value of diversity and encourages professional development.
- Employ progressive management techniques emphasizing ethical behavior “leadership by example”, respect for all employees and a standard of excellence.