For more Information Contact: Doug Kadzban, Director of Public Works, at 231-332-6762 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Muskegon Heights will be closing Sherman Boulevard from Glade Street to Getty Street for roadway and beautification improvements Monday, June 1, 2020. The improvements have a scheduled completion date of October 1, 2020. The project is intended to resurface all 5 lanes of Sherman between Glade on the west end of the City to Getty on the east end. Also, some water main improvements will be done at several intersections, drainage improvements, specifically at 9th Street and Reynolds Street, some deep sanitary sewer manhole replacements new sidewalk ramps at intersections between Glade and Peck Streets. Some beautification improvements will also be considered. During this road closure local traffic to businesses and residences will be maintained.
The projected timeline for intersection improvements is as follows:
- Temple Street – June 2 to June 4
- Park Street – June 4 to June 10
- 9th Street – June 10 to June 25
- 8th Street – June 25 to July 8
- 7th Street – July 8 to July 17
- 6th Street – July 17 to July 22
- 5th Street – July 22 to July 27
- Peck Street – July 27 to August 6
- Maffett Street – August 6 to August 11
- Baker Street – August 11 to August 18*
- Leahy Street – August 18 to August 27*
- NOTE: Baker & Leahy will likely both be closed together with bypass pumping of sewer to Hoyt and this will affect Hoyt intersection as well.
- Reynolds Street – August 27 to Sept 4+
- Howden Street – Sept 4 to Sept 14+
- NOTE: Reynolds & Baker will likely both be closed together with bypass pumping of sewer to Hoyt and this will affect Hoyt intersection as well.
- McIlwraith Street – Sept 14 to Sept 17
Once intersection work is near completion, the entire road surface will be milled down approximately 2 inches in late August and the paving and restoration will take place in mid-to-late September.
Prein & Newhof (PN) Engineering is the consulting firm for the project. As such, PN has created a web page for the project that will be updated on a weekly basis. Here is a link to the interactive website providing closure information https://www.preinnewhof.com/construction_projects/musk-heights-sherman-blvd
A detour route will be posted using Getty Street, Laketon Avenue and Seaway Drive, and traffic is encouraged to follow the posted detour route. The road is closed to through traffic, however residences are expected to have access to their residences.
The work is weather dependent.
“As we set our sights on the New and Greater Muskegon Heights, we like to thank all parties for the work done in securing the state grant that is making this project possible. This is a testament to the big things our little community has underway. However, because the project is still not completely funded, we are still seeking the remaining funding to fully complete the project as designed.” For information concerning the funding effort for this project, please contact us at email@example.com.