City of Muskegon Heights
CITY OF MUSKEGON HEIGHTS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Salary $ 36,606.77 – $46,380.33
The City of Muskegon Heights is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Full-Time Fire
Fighter. This employee does firefighting work in the protection of life and property by combating,
extinguishing and preventing fires. A fire fighter is responsible for rapid and efficient performance
on specialized equipment under emergency conditions. Although firefighting, including equipment
operation is most important to the work of the fire fighter, a large portion of their time is spent
preparing to combat fires and maintaining fire station property and equipment.Work is normally
performed under close supervision and specific work assignments are given bya superior officer
both in fighting fires and at the station. A fire fighter is subject to call at any time in case of
emergencies. May be required to perform fire code and safety inspections. Performs all other
related work as required or assigned.
1. Applicants must possess a high school diploma or GED
2. State of Michigan Firefighter Level I & II Certification
3. Valid Michigan Medical First Responder License (or Michigan Emergency Medical
4. Current CPR and AED training
5. FFTC Drivers Training Certification
6. Valid Michigan driver’s license
7. Experience in structural firefighting.
Applicants must successfully complete:
1. Written examination
2. Physical agility test
3. Oral interview
4. Physical examination (including alcohol/drug screen)
5. Comprehensive background investigation
Please send City application (application available on city’s website at
https://muskegonheights.us/fire/apply ), to the City of Muskegon Heights, Attention: City
Manager’s Office, 2724 Peck Street, Muskegon Heights, MI 49444. Resumes submitted without
an application will not be considered.
Posted: Thursday, February 10, 2022 Deadline: Until Filled
Applications Previously Submitted in 2021 will be Considered
To apply for this job please visit muskegonheights.us.