… Recreational Fire Information …
- A recreational fire permit is required to have a recreational wood burning fire in the City of Muskegon Heights.
- Self-contained gas or propane fire containers are allowed within the City and do not require a permit – but please follow the manufacturer’s instructions and, if applicable, check with your landlord or condo association.
- With a permit, burning is only allowed between 7 am and 11 pm.
- Only seasoned dry firewood may be burned. Burning of yard waste, leaves, trash, refuse, building materials, or other items is prohibited.
- Burning is prohibited on high-risk days, Ozone Action Days, or any day designated as unsafe by the Fire Chief.
- Recreational fire complaints can be directed as follows:
- If an immediate health concern is present, please call 911. All other complaints can be directed to the nonemergency 231-722-3524.